Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Very Real...

Another excerpt from my writings....

I believe in miracles. Both the large news-catching ones and the simple daily ones. He is my miracle, every part of him saves me… I also believe that prayers are heard and answered. I pray for him every night, for him to be safe and happy, for him to be learning and preparing, and often for him to come soon. But, whether you agree or not, I do indeed have common sense. I don’t expect to wake up one morning and see a handsome man holding roses, knocking on my door ready to sweep me away. I’m not Giselle from Enchanted, though I wish I had her hair sometimes. I’m not Kat from Taming of the Shrew, though her wit is admirable. I’m not the damsel in distress or the corporate power woman. I don’t have that perfect sexy body that every romance novel heroine somehow possesses. My point is that, try as you might, I do not resemble another fictional character, princess, or heroine. Because I am a real person who doesn’t get a simplified description in chapter one. If you want simple, go back to Twilight. Girl falls for boy. Boy is a vampire who loves her yet wants to eat her. Some fighting in between but you always know the good vampires will win. Throw in some werewolves for entertainment (and for Taylor Lautner’s abs) and wah-la! Not that I haven’t read the series myself a time or ten. I am not a stationary character type; rather I am a living, breathing, progressing, very real woman. Someone who makes stupid mistakes and takes risks, someone who obsesses about certain things and lets other things go. Someone who likes scarves in the fall, but not in the winter. Someone who prefers pearls to diamonds and sunflowers to roses. Who likes cooking to Phil Collins music and dancing around the kitchen to “True Colors”. Someone quite similar, perhaps, to you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid that we are either too similar or too different to understand each other... But maybe that's why I keep coming back to your posts.

    I feel like I'm trapped behind a silver screen and I want to rip right through it. So I'm either an opposite, or exactly what you said. I fight to remember that I'm not... I have no soundtrack. I have no watching eyes applauding my every performance, crying at my failures, and soaring at my heights... I'm just another drop in the ocean of humanity. I'm a special unique individual - just like everybody else.

    ReplyDelete