Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Mosiah 5:13 8/12/13

Dear Family,
August is here and with it all the preparations for school and life only gets better as a missionary. Yesterday I was able to return to H6 for the baptism of Juan, my old investigator. It was a very sweet experience and the Spirit was strong as he was baptized. I have some pictures I will attach or send shortly. We got there just before it was supposed to start, but it was delayed because someone forgot to watch the font and it overflowed. It was good to see the members and missionaries in H6, but there was also a confirming feeling that it wasn't "my ward" as a missionary. I don't know, just a different feeling. I have some wonderful friends and relationships there but I am no longer responsible for that area as a missionary. Wow.
We've continued working with genealogy and the members and we are seeing miracles!!! Right and left. It is wonderful to see the Spirit of Elijah spread and with it the excitement to share the gospel. We had zone meeting this week focusing on the Book of Mormon and it's role in the work. The more I study the Book of Mormon, the more I love it and it's words are engraven upon my heart. I know I could say that one of the greatest take aways from my mission would be a profound love for the Book of Mormon.
This morning, since the libraries open late, we went and did Zumba at one of the members houses. We danced for a few hours and then ate pancakes for lunch.
Lots of good studies this week, but I really loved this quote from Sister Elaine S. Dalton: "On that fall day in Huntsville, Utah [when she met Sister McKay], I was reminded of my divine identity, and I learned about what I now call “deep beauty”—the kind of beauty that shines from the inside out. It is the kind of beauty that cannot be painted on, surgically created, or purchased. It is the kind of beauty that doesn’t wash off. It is spiritual attractiveness. Deep beauty springs from virtue. It is the beauty of being chaste and morally clean. It is the kind of beauty that you see in the eyes of virtuous women like your mother and grandmother. It is a beauty that is earned through faith, repentance, and honoring covenants. The world places so much emphasis on physical attractiveness and would have you believe that you are to look like the elusive model on the cover of a magazine. The Lord would tell you that you are each uniquely beautiful. When you are virtuous, chaste, and morally clean, your inner beauty glows in your eyes and in your face. My grandfather used to say, “If you live close to God and His infinite grace—you won’t have to tell, it will show in your face.”  When you are worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost, you are confident and your inner beauty shines brightly. And so “let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and … the Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion.”
Sorry I don't have tons of details, but it was a great week and we are excited for wonderful things that are happening in our zone and area. Please pray for us to find new investigators this week.
Love you all lots.
-Hermana Koerner

P.S. Mosiah 5:13 For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?
Armando, Juan, Hna Koerner


Hna Woodward y Hna Koerner

Elder Murphy, Hna Fletcher, Armando, Juan, Hna Koerner, and Elder Hamelau

No comments:

Post a Comment