Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

1 Nephi 9:5-6 2/11/13

Some Changes, More Adventures, and 1 Nephi 9:5-6
Howdy Ya'll! Thanks for all the birthday wishes...I had a great Texan birthday : ) Thanks for the package, all the little treats and fun things. The scarf was beautiful and the PJ's super cute and comfy. Thank you thank you thank you! This week was transfers and we had some changes. We got the call Tuesday night that Hna Rife was leaving and that I was going to train. So Wednesday (birthday) we celebrated my birthday and our last day together and we were able to see lots of members and investigators. To start off we made chocolate chip pancakes, later we went to lunch with our district, and then Hermana Rife packed for a little bit before we went out to visit and teach. A great miracle story- we were saying goodbye to several investigators and we stopped by the Beserra family ( grandparents and grand kids). We talked to Ruben and Maria, but the grand kids had already gone home with their parents. As we left we were thinking that we really wanted to say goodbye to them, but we didn't have their address. We knew the name of the street they live on, but that was it. So we decided to go and try and find it. We prayed for help and found the street and then we prompted to knock this one house. And there they were!! The kids were so excited to see us and I know Heavenly Father helped us find them because they are his precious children. So. I was a little nervous about training, but I just kept praying for guidance. That night we made some pasta at home while she finished packing. Unfortunately, some thing wasn't good or something, because about midnight both of us woke up and got sick. We alternated getting sick until the alarm went off- new level of companionship unity ( pray together, study together, work together, and get sick together). We were both so exhausted and dehydrated, but it was transfer day so we didn't know what to do. And I was worried because I was going to receive my new companion and I didn't want her to get left or wonder what happened. So we prayed our little hearts out and somehow got ourselves to the transfer chapel. After training and receiving my new companion (and getting a priesthood blessing), President told me I could go home and sleep to recover. All in all, another adventure. They told me to take good care of my body so I really am, I promise. Drinking lots of water, eating healthy with fruits and veggies, exercising every morning, sleeping for eight hours. Cross my heart Mom. 
My new companion is Hermana Tzorin ( pronounced Zoreen) and she is actually serving a "mini-mission" with me for just this transfer. She is from the Houston area and has her mission call to serve in Argentina. A new thing some of the stakes/mission are trying to help those youth prepare for the mission. So every day is precious and we are working extremely hard. She is a native Spanish speaker and we converse almost completely in Spanish. She speaks fluent English, but just tends to go into Spanish since we teach and talk in it all day. It might be my first relationship that is truly in Spanish, besides our investigators. Also, I can speak enough Spanish now that I understand and we can converse fairly normally. Han Tzorin has so much energy and is so excited to knock doors and find people. She has such a love for the gospel and delights in sharing in. Most of the time I'm pretty sure she's training me. 
This week we have been focusing on the power and importance of the Book of Mormon. After investigators ( and ourselves) understand the power of prayer and we are sincerely communicating with our Heavenly Father, we next need to treasure up the scriptures. There is a part in Preach my Gospel that says that the first thing we should do when an investigator says that they didn't read what we left them (in the Book of Mormon), is be devastated! We have left the key to eternal happiness in their hands and they didn't use it! With one lesson we applied that specifically this week. When she didn't read, we changed our lesson and read a chapter with her in the Book of Mormon and testified of the power it contains. It was powerful. As Nephi wrote : "Wherefore, the Lord hath commanded me to make these plates for a wise purpose in him, which purpose I know not. But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words...." The Lord has purpose and power in the Book of Mormon to bring many of his children to the knowledge of Jesus Christ and the gospel. Hope you are all doing great with the Book of Mormon and finding little treasure and pearls within the Book of Mormon.
All my love,
Hermana Koerner

No comments:

Post a Comment