Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

A New Start: Helaman 15:5 April 29 2013

Good morning everyone! This week may have been fairly normal back home, but over here in Houston it was a whirlwind! Transfer week brought a huge wave of missionaries to the field- about forty missionaries all affected by the age change seven months ago. It was exciting when the announcement was made, but it is thrilling to see the results of it hit the field and the missionary work. To accommodate the new missionaries and the hastening of the work, several- ok- lots of new areas were opened. They split the two areas in our ward and created a third area- called Walters area. Which I'm opening! So I am still in the same ward- Houston Seis, just covering a different area. I am also training and my new companion is Hermana Fletcher from Gilbert Arizona (shout out- Emilee- she went to Gilbert High and her family is in the Gilbert Stapley Stake.) We have having a great time and it's like starting from scratch. Ok, not completely, since I know the ward and lots of the members. But we opened a new apartment, got a new car, and are starting from scratch with investigators and getting in with less active members, part member families, and recent converts. And that's where we are starting- going to meet the less active and part-member families. It's exciting and a challenge and we are going to work hard. I'm super excited to start new with so many people- we can set up expectations and explain our purpose. The last few days I've found lots of references to diligence- probably some reminders from Heavenly Father to prepare me for opening a new area. I loved this scripture in Helaman 15:6 about the Lamanites working with to bring many to the knowledge of the truth. "Yea, I say unto you, that the more part of them are doing this, and they are striving with unwearied diligence that they may bring the remainder of their brethren to the knowledge of the truth; therefore there are many who do add to their numbers daily."


Love you all tons and I've attached a picture with Hna Fletcher and I ( that we took two minutes ago to show you all )

Love,

Hermana Kristi Koerner

1 comment: