Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Mosiah 26:26 06/24/13

Dear Family,


It has been a really good week in Houston and we were able to get with several less-active families that we have been really striving to get to know. We are praying and fasting to know how we can help them. Every family, every individual is needed in the kingdom of God. We are also focusing on helping the organizations with their projects and assignments and through that are finding people and receiving referrals. For example, we helped the youth in making tamales to sell to raise money for youth conference. So now I know how to make Mexican tamales. That should definitely help me find a husband- I've heard it is one of the top qualifications. Food is a huge part of the Hispanic culture and several other sisters this week showed us how to make flour tortillas and guisado. Next week we are making chile rellenos- which are chile peppers stuffed with meat and cheese. Yum : ) Speaking of food- we also got to do service in the Church's peanut butter factory on Friday which was super fun. Best part- they gave each of us a jar of peanut butter. Which is really good for us because we eat a lot of it. I hope you were able to see the broadcast last night since it was incredible, but you can also see it on lds.org. I'll write more about it in my letter this week. I ask that you keep our investigators Gloria and Juan in your prayers- they need a little push for get over some hurdles so they can be baptized. In studying Christ this week I was focusing on his title as the Redeemer. Lots of wonderful things that I found, but this one really stood out to me in Mosiah. Mosiah 26:26 "And then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, that I am their Redeemer; but they would not be redeemed". They would not be redeemed. Why would anyone choose not to be redeemed?! But that is exactly what happens when someone rejects the gospel or takes it lightly. Our Redeemer has paid the price for all of us, we are redeemed. But unless we choose that, unless we accept that, want that, it cannot help us.

Love you all lots. Sorry I can't think of what else to share. Ask me more questions next week so I can think of what else to share.

Love,

Hermana Koerner



Beautiful Sister Missionaries going to church.


Very wet sister missionaries during the week : )

Check out this video called Reclaimed at lds.org

No comments:

Post a Comment