Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Well, Now That You Mention It...

You know those moments that make you stop and evaluate yourself? Especially the ones you don't see coming? We all visualize New Year's Day, spring cleaning, and our birthdays as good checkpoints throughout the year to take a closer look at ourselves, our goals, and our progress in life. It's natural at big moments in your life to do so as well- graduation, marriage, births, and deaths. But I didn't expect for someone else's big moment to cause that same introspection.

Going to Oakland for David and Fusi's wedding was wonderful, fantastic, and amazing! Seeing them together was pure magic and I felt myself sighing a little every time they looked at each other. I'm not even sure I can put this into words- it just reminded me that that is what I want, what I'm searching for. And when I get discouraged in the shark pool we call dating, I remember the way they looked at each other, the way they laughed and danced and smiled and kissed like they were/are going to explode from all the joy and love.
See what I mean?!

On top of the cute couple, the love radiating from their families was a delight. The Tongan and Colombian cultures are possibly two of the most loving and generous people you will ever find and it just caused me to reaffirm that I want to create a family like that. I don't necessarily need to marry a Tongan or Latino ( though I would love to!), to emulate some of those traits. I want to incorporate the love of tradition and culture, as well as making everyone feel like family. I want to create a wedding and a marriage that celebrates family and life to the fullest, one that reflects the eternal truths we hold dear and helps all of us to draw closer to the Savior. I hope you can forgive me for all the "I want"ing, but I just wanted to share that wonderful aspect of the time for me.


Me and Mama Latu! Ofa' atu!

It also came just before one of my favorite times for self-evaluation. General Conference!!! We are now T minus 3 days until possibly my favorite weekend of the year. We got a little taste this last Saturday during the Women's Meeting where they focused on preparation and the temple and President Uchtdorf lovingly reminded us how how much Heavenly Father loves each of us. Twice a year I feel like I have an opportunity to do an overall reflection with the guidance of modern prophets and apostles as well as the Spirit. I invite ya'll to do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment