Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

All The Pieces


We go through life giving parts of ourselves away, leaving them here and there. And the wonderful thing is that it means we were invested in our lives--that it mattered enough to give the gift of self. On the other hand, however, it can mean eventually you feel like you're missing yourself. At that point, or any reflection pit-stop along the way, you have the choice to call all those pieces back to you. It doesn't mean those experiences didn't shape and guide you, that you're forgetting, or that it doesn't matter anymore. Wherever and whenever we invest our hearts and souls, it changes us forever. But afterwards, when we've completed the job, you can take that part of your heart back.

So here's to calling all my pieces home.

To the part of me growing up that thought I was responsible for making sure everyone was okay- come back to me.

And the part that gave all my energy and time into being as perfect as possible in high school, that involved myself in every activity, and worked for every grade like my life depended on it- let it go and come back.

To the part of me I thought I lost when I was betrayed by friends- find your way home now.

The part of me that I let slowly fade away when I loved someone I didn't have a chance with- come back to life.

And the part of me that changed everything when I truly fell in love for the first time- I still need you.

To the part of me that stayed behind with all the wonderful memories of college- come back.

The part of me that gave everything on my mission and that loved the Lord and the people of Houston beyond all comprehension- come back and I will always carry you with me.

And the pieces of me I left in the numerous states I've lived in- come back and see the home I've created now.

And to all the other pieces and parts, good and bad, joyful and sad, come back to me so I can move forward as me--the whole woman I can be.


No comments:

Post a Comment