Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Beautiful Heartbreak



I'm not going to apologize for the last post, because I really felt that way at the time. However, a week later, I'm doing much better with the situation. In fact, that specific heartache was able to join the other things I was working on letting go of and I can honestly say that I am doing incredible today. Actually better than before. I noticed I posted this music video almost three years ago, but it means even more now so I hope you enjoy it.

I mentioned earlier about the pieces we leave behind and need to bring back to ourselves. I realized that sometimes that part hasn't learned all it needs to yet. If it still hurts or frustrates, maybe I haven't learned the lesson I needed to from that experience. For the most part, these pieces come back as we call bringing peace and closure. Sometimes we realize they are attached to these heavy burdens we've been carrying around, perhaps for years. The only way I'm finding to become whole again is through calling back our "pieces", cleansing ourselves of the burden and baggage we still harbor, and filling the holes with light and love.

That sounds really poetic. I know it's not that straight-forward or easy. We talk about physical health and spiritual health and sometimes we skirt around really talking about emotional health. And just as we are responsible for the former kinds, we have an obligation to take care of ourselves emotionally. But how? Few people or places teach us how; there's no class or textbook to walk us through the steps because it's so personal. For some, talking about and analyzing emotional issues to reach understanding is enough. For others, understanding comes only as a first stop followed by releasing negative emotions and identifying the positive learning outcomes.

As I positively direct my thoughts towards the kind of person I want to be, I can already see how it fills me with light and joy.  This spring cleaning for the soul is not for the faint of heart- it's work. Sometimes exhausting, sometimes at a slower pace than we want, but always productive and extremely liberating. I hope this post wasn't too crazy to follow with all my thoughts thrown around there, but I truly believe that all experiences leave a fossil-like impression on our souls making us who we are. But we have the choice to fill the space left behind from that burden or blessing with the right thoughts and feelings. So, in fact, it is true that it is not our circumstances, but how we choose to react and react and react again throughout our lives that fills us up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment