Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Thank You To My Married Friends

I have a lot of married friends. And I love them. As I approach my 25th birthday I never expected to be the "single" one from my college friends, among my mission friends and companions, and even from my high school group. It's a fairly comical cycle- I make friends and they get married, I make more friends and they get married...I move somewhere completely different and make more wonderful great friends...and they get married too. Maybe I'm helping lots of people find love and happiness? Okay, it probably has very little to do with me (Except Marianne and Colin- I totally set you guys up). And I'll admit there are moments of feeling sorry for myself, of always being the third wheel, of wanting to eat ice cream and binge watch chick flicks after reading my whole feed full of cute family pictures and posts. But that can be another post. (Hmm, maybe not. Sounds depressing)

The purpose of this post is to thank all my wonderful married friends for all the wonderful things you add to my life!

* Thank you for sharing your unique love stories. It teaches me over and over to be myself, trust the Lord and his timing, and that love is really worth risking everything for.

* As you embark on this marvelous adventure of marriage and parenthood, thank you for including me. What a gift it is to watch cherished friends grow through these new experiences! I get the privilege of observing people I already love and adore, progress and grow tremendously.

* Thank you for bringing more wonderful people into my life! As you find spouses who are your counterparts in awesomeness, I am blessed with more amazing friends. Thank you for the richness you add to my life.

* Thank you for including me. Except for right after the wedding, most of my married friends have been fantastic about including me in their new lives. Dinners, girls nights, new homes- thank you for taking time to keep me in the loop.

* Thank you for confiding in me. Communication changes between friends after marriage and rightly so. Some, if not most, things are now between you and your spouse (not you and your girlfriends). Whatever you do choose to share, discuss, and confide in me about, thank you for trusting me.

* Thank you for seeing me. I'm usually the one who feels this label of singleness and attaches to it. You rarely do. I'm just your friend and you see me for me (and not your token single friend)

* Thank you for believing in me, in my dreams and goals. Thank you for all the encouragement as I take a path in my life perhaps quite different from yours. And though it may not be familiar to you, you never fail to cheer me on!

* Thank you for letting me love your kids. Seriously, my heart is wrapped around their little fingers and it is such a tender mercy for me to love, enjoy, and learn from them. Thank you for letting me do so.

* Thank you for trusting me with your kids. Thank you for trusting the most precious people in your world with me when I babysit and visit. Thank you for sharing the joy they bring.

* Thank you for believing in and standing up for marriage. Though I'm not married yet, I recognize what a leap of faith marriage is- in yourself, in another person, and in God. Thank you for your faith in something bigger than yourself.

*Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment