Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Angels Among Us

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly embracing each other." -- Luciano De Crescenzo

After my...interesting Valentine's Day yesterday and blogging about it, I was reminded of the angels among us every day. Coming home from ward FHE, I discovered a note and 3 boxes of chocolate on my doorstep. The note was a poem saying they had read my blog post and were saddened by my rough day and that they wanted to be there for me. It was signed- A friend. To this person out there- Thank you. Thank you for reminding me that there are people like you out there and that I have people that care about me. Thank you for making my Valentine's Day instantly better. Thank you for your kindness and thoughfulness. And, if you're reading this, yes I want to be friends.

I have been extremely blessed and I fear I do not express my gratitude enough so I wanted to take a few to highlight some angels in my life. *Names have been changed or nicknames utilized.

My Home Teachers: Ninja* and Hero* were assigned to my roommates and myself at the beginning of last fall semester. When winter semester started I got an excited text from them letting us know that they were still our home teachers. They have come faithfully every month to share the message and visit with us, but more than that, they have shared their testimonies with me, given me blessings, comforted me in hard situations, wished me happy birthday, brought me dinner, and written me encouraging notes. For the first time in my life, I have home teachers that I know will come if I call in the middle of the night and to whom I'm not just an assignment. Thank you Ninja and Hero!

My Boss: J.C.* is amazing! Honestly. She is wonderful at her job and is a fantastic mother. Working for her and with her is incredibly rewarding- not only has she given me the precious opportunity to care for her adorable son, but she is teaching me along the way about life and strength and courage. Thank you J.C.!

A good friend Kasey*: Her and I have been through some similar experiences in life, yet she never fails to inspire and motivate me. She never fails to tell me she's praying for me or to invite me to join an activity. Her faith and optimism is amazing and I am grateful to have her in my life. Thank you Kasey!

And there are dozens more of these angels in my life and I foresee doing a similar type post more often. One last thought- if we are looking for the "angels" in everyone around us, don't you think we'll start to see angels more?

No comments:

Post a Comment