Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

TT: Austen and Algae

I must warn you, however, that I was recently given random trivia games. So I will mix in those with my tidbits from my college education. Enjoy!




  • Jane Austen published all of her works anonymously and her identity as the author of her books as not known until after her death in 1817.

  • Algae by itself produces between 71 and 87 percent on the world's oxygen!

  • Celebrity real names for you: Mel Brooks was born Melvin Kaminsky and Judy Garland was born Frances Gumm. Yeah, I would change my name too.

  • The origin of the hole in the doughnut: Captain Hanson Gregory, a 19th-century Maine sea captain, was eating a doughnut while sailing through a storm. Suddenly the ship rocked violently and threw him against the ship's wheel - impaling his cake on one of its spokes. Seeing how well the spoke held his cake, Gregory began ordering all of his cakes with holes in them.

  • Saddam Hussein once used Whitney Houstons "I Will Always Love You" as a campaign theme song. Sending mixed messages there I think.

  • Tycho Brahe, the astronomer, wore an artificial nose made of gold and silver because he lost a part of his nose in a duel Hardcore.

  • Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise. That's right ladies- it's just how we roll.
  • Donald Duck cartoons were banned in Finland because he doesn't wear pants. Shame on you Donald!
  • Penguins can convert salt water into fresh water! How cool is that? Not to mention they stay with the same mate for life.
  • The IRS loses about 2 million documents a year. Yikes! Make sure your taxes get done right!
  • And last but not least- humans have unique tongue prints. But I don't think he police are going to start printing our tongues just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment