Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Aunt Kristi!!!!


Exciting news-- I"M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!!!!

Now that my sister, Jasmine, has made it public, I couldn't contain my excitement.

She's having a little girl near the end of October, the first grandchild on my family.

However, she and her boyfriend have decided to give the little angel up for adoption.

My first reaction when she told me months ago was "Can I have your baby?"
Not smooth at all, Kristi. Can you say- baby hungry?

This pregnancy wasn't planned and they are both finishing college, preparing for medical and graduate school, so they feel this will be best for the little girl.

Not going to lie- this is hard for our family.
If I could say one thing to this beautiful, feisty little miracle (in her ultrasound pictures she's screaming at the camera for being poked) is that while she wasn't planned for, she is very much wanted and incredibly loved already.

I'm not sure I can explain how much I already love my niece.
How much I want to teach her about life and poetry and baking and gardening.
I want to be there for her when she fights with her parents and rebels in high school.
I want to tell her everything I know about light and truth and love.
I hope I get that chance.

For now though, I'm celebrating this beautiful Little Angel.
For a baby is God's way of saying that the world is still worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment