Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Em's Wedding Day!!


Waking up at 5am, I think both Em and I were instantly alert and excited, despite only five or six hours of sleep. I got completely ready while Em did her makeup so we could leave to get her hair done. About 6:15 we went to get her hair done. Curls everywhere, tons of hairspray, special bobby pins to keep the hair securely in place. As much as I liked the veil she wore, it was a shame that it covered up her beautiful hair. H picked up Em from the hairdressers and I went with Em's mom with the dress and everything in the van over to the Mesa temple. They had to be there by eight for the sealing at nine, so I waited in the lobby until the rest of the family showed up. Then along with Emilee's younger siblings, watched three babies during the ceremony. Early in the morning and it was already baking!
9:30ish Em and H came out of the temple, glowing brighter than the Arizona sun. They were married!!!...everything else afterward is just icing on the cake. As quickly as possible we took pictures in front of the temple with all the family before people started melting. Everyone left, well almost. I stayed with H while mom went and helped Em change out of her wedding dress. While we waited, I thanked H for making Em so happy. Honestly, I've never seen her like this. And I'm just getting to know Em's husband so we got to talk some more. I realized that she makes him just as happy, so there you go! After they came out, mom and I ran home before the luncheon to get the first load of things over to the stake center for the reception. Meanwhile, Dad grabbed the sheet cakes and other last minute things from the store.
12- H's mom hosted the luncheon for the families and close friends with sandwiches, pasta salad, and cookies. Favorite part- H's mom coordinated the colors with Em's reception so it was orange and yellow. So therefore in the middle of the tables she had scattered Reese's Pieces!!! It was fun to relax and talk for a couple hours with friends, family, and of course, Em and H. Funny moment- a friend of H's family came over to the table I was sitting at with other friends and Em's brother (who was keeping us all laughing) to get to know everyone. She assured us that after years of knowing H, she knew that he was a wonderful man. Without skipping a beat I replied that I knew that because all three of H's background checks came back clean. Sometimes I can be witty : )
2ish - running back home to gather the second load of everything that needed to be brought to the reception site. Changing back into my coordinating outfit I also helped the siblings get ready before heading back to set up.
4:30 Back to the church with carloads of vases, coolers, the wedding dress, the tv for the video, and many many other things. The florist was already there setting up the vases, the lights were already hung with the paper lanterns.
5- Em and H got there and I helped Em back into her dress. Back into her dress, making all the adjustments, putting up the bustle, redo the makeup, pin up the escaped curls. It was fun having a moment with just me and Emilee talking and sharing these moments together. Thank you Emilee.
5:30- The family went to go take more pictures while I instructed the kitchen help on making the Caesar salad, making the chicken salad sandwiches, the lemonade, the pasta salad, and the cake. Then running around adjusting. In all honesty, I can't remember everything because I was running around meticulously trying to make everything perfect for Em.
6:30 Reception started!! It was absolutely beautiful. Twinkling lights, white, orange, and yellow paper lanterns, cute photos, beautiful flowers, a jazz pianist playing his little heart out, and love spilling out into the evening. I promise- I stopped to eat two plates of food and a piece of cake at some point during the night, but I also kept running to check on the kitchen, refilling water for Em and H since they were standing in line for hours. I did have a small trip up once refilling water--I went behind the buffet table and someone had spilled some pasta salad. Down I went with ice cubes flying. But not to worry, I was back up in an instant. By the end of the reception my feet were on fire and my limbs felt like they'd been filled with cement. But after the dancing (with a few tears from everyone) Em changed and I gave them a basket of food I'd packed for them. And off they went. Immediately we started taking down tables, collecting the decorations, cleaning the kitchen, etc.
10:30 We had packed the cars full of everything we could and went home to unload. They was still more to get, but Mom told me I was released. Whew! What a day! Then the girls wanted a girls night- I think because they missed Em already. So we grabbed our blankets and popped in Night At the Museum. I was so tired but I think I caught most of the show. Finally off to bed around midnight. But the important thing-- Emilee is married for time and all eternity to the love of her life!

Plus... my 100th post coming up next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment