Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Alma 13:28-29 3/11/2013

Dear Family-
Happy Monday! It is a beautiful March morning and the start of what I'm sure will be a wonderful week. This week is transfers so I don't know what/who is coming here or if I'll be changing. We are receiving three new Spanish sisters and also four sisters who are waiting for their visas for Argentina. So I'm think President might open up some new areas in preparation for the 25 Spanish sisters who are coming in April! I'm sure it will be wonderful! 
We had some incredible work, lessons, fellow-shipping, everything this week! We were able to set baptismal dates for Lily and for Ruben and Maria Beserra! It is so beautiful to watch them start to grasp the gospel and have a desire to change. It all starts with that- a desire to change, a desire to be better, a desire to follow Jesus Christ. We had a really special lesson with a single mother (active member) whom the bishop asked us to go visit. She shared with us her conversion story and we began to share the scriptures we had prepared. Then, with both myself and my companion, it was as if we weren't the ones speaking. The Spirit was so strong and I vaguely remember everything we shared with her, but I know that Heavenly Father was speaking through us to his daughter. Just another example of the incredible love for each of His children.
I've been studying...no, rather, I've been delighting, absorbing the power duo teaching of Alma and Amulek in Alma 8-13 this past week. Lots of lessons about how to work in a companionship in there. Also some power preaching. I'll share more in my indivdual letters this week. But just a couple verses that I love!

Alma 13:28-29 "But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering; Having faith on the Lord; having a hope that ye shall receive eternal life; having the love of God always in your hearts, that ye may be lifted up at the last day and enter into his crest."

Love you all,
Hermana Kristi Koerner

No comments:

Post a Comment