Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Alma 14:10-13- 3/18/13

My new companion is Hermana Villanueva, from North Carolina, but originally from El Salvador. My third native companion! She is really incredible and super sweet and I'm excited to serve with her. I think I'm really going to use Spanish after the mission and Heavenly Father is helping me learn it really well with my companions. 

 

10 And when Amulek saw the pains of the women and children who were consuming in the fire, he also was pained; and he said unto Alma: How can we witness this awful scene? Therefore let us stretch forth our hands, and exercise the power of God which is in us, and save them from the flames.
11 But Alma said unto him: The Spirit constraineth me that I must not stretch forth mine hand; for behold the Lord receiveth them up unto himself, in glory; and he doth suffer that they may do this thing, or that the people may do this thing unto them, according to the hardness of their hearts, that the judgments which he shall exercise upon them in his wrath may be just; and the cblood of the dinnocent shall stand as a witness against them, yea, and cry mightily against them at the last day.
12 Now Amulek said unto Alma: Behold, perhaps they will burn us also. ( See his enthusiasm!)
13 And Alma said: Be it according to the will of the Lord. But, behold, our work is not finished; therefore they burn us not.


I love that last line by Alma. What faith! Be it according to the will of the Lord.   This week we had a really cool miracle. We got a referral from some other sisters and we called the woman and made an appointment. When we came back the next day, we discovered that her whole family are members of the church. In fact she is the only one of her siblings who isn't. She has had the lessons before, but didn't get baptized because she felt like it was too fast. But now she recognizes the need for it in her life. And she told us she wants us to teach her two daughters, Kimberly and Rachel. Both my companion ( Hna. Villanueva) and I were looking at each other like, " Is this really happening?!" They are so prepared to receive the gospel and I'm excited to help them progress!    We had a really cool miracle Saturday night. We were in this apartment complex, one which we visit often since several investigators and a member live there. Within the complex is a little park that lots of kids play at. You know that I love kids, so I've made friends with lots of them and I know all their names. When we come they run up to us and give us hugs. With a couple of the older kids we explained what we do and talked about the gospel with them. Some of them were interested and asked for a Book of Mormon. That was several weeks ago. As we returned this time, one of the boys ran up to me and hugged me and said, " I'm in chapter 22!" So I asked, " In the Book of Mormon? In the first book?". He replied yes and so I asked what he remembered and what he liked. He told me about Nephi and the dream of the tree and how annoying the big brothers (Laman and Lemuel) are. His family is American so the elders are going to teach them, but I feel so blessed to see this young man seeking for knowledge and understanding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment