Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

Can't and Can

There are some things I just can't blog about. Things that if blurted out could potentially hurt feelings and relationships, no matter how true. Things that if typed out and presented to the world might give the impression that I am a bitter, angry, pathetic, and judgemental person, when the truth is that those are only moments. Perhaps some people can say what they want and let the chips fall where they may, or others that don't care if a rant portrays the very worst of them. But no matter how long I puzzled over how to express some frustration, anger, loneliness, and resentment--there just wasn't a good way to write it. I know, I know- this from the woman who can spill her guts about a broken heart from her first love and all sorts of other deeper issues. So I won't do it.

But there are things I can write. I can write about the only way I am able to cope and figure out times like this in my life. (Besides chocolate,a good book, and a good friend.) It is only through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that I can overcome trials, find relief, and gain strength to push onward.
 In this past conference, Elder Bednar put it so beautifully in his talk :
 
"Thus, the Savior has suffered not just for our sins and iniquities—but also for our physical pains and anguish, our weaknesses and shortcomings, our fears and frustrations, our disappointments and discouragement, our regrets and remorse, our despair and desperation, the injustices and inequities we experience, and the emotional distresses that beset us.
 
There is no physical pain, no spiritual wound, no anguish of soul or heartache, no infirmity or weakness you or I ever confront in mortality that the Savior did not experience first. In a moment of weakness we may cry out, “No one knows what it is like. No one understands.” But the Son of God perfectly knows and understands, for He has felt and borne our individual burdens. And because of His infinite and eternal sacrifice (see Alma 34:14), He has perfect empathy and can extend to us His arm of mercy. He can reach out, touch, succor, heal, and strengthen us to be more than we could ever be and help us to do that which we could never do relying only upon our own power. Indeed, His yoke is easy and His burden is light."
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I very much doubt anyone would associate any of those negative qualities with your personality. Everyone (even truly incredible ones like yourself) has those emotions from time to time, but you never seem to let those emotions dictate who you are. You are beautiful inside and out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you L! You are always so supportive and encouraging when I need it most. I guess I just worried that if I spilled everything, even if humorously, it would get taken personally. So thanks for understanding and knowing that it's ok to not always be ok. Love you L!

      Delete