Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Red Walls and Comfort Food

The last couple posts have been on the more serious side, so I just wanted to share some silly happiness.



I have been painting one wall in my living room red. Bright red. Red Geranium red. It's amazing. I still need to do a second coat of paint since this color shows every single roller and paintbrush mark. I'm also doing the back of my front door the same red. It makes me happy and causes lots of random happy dancing. Which for me, is not so random because it is actually quite a regular activity at my home. Kind of like this.

It's not all happy dances in my life everyday. Yesterday was kind of a crummy day at work with lots of angry phone calls. It is summer time in Arizona and for some reason people flip out a little about scorpions and other bugs. Granted, I don't like them either, but seriously...when you call in to complain that you have spider webs all over- GET A BROOM! Hello. Do you know how fast a spider can rebuild a web? Within hours! We are not magic bug vanishers. Anyway...to the happy part. I went home and decided to order take out. When I check my mail there was a flyer from a Japanese restaurant with "We Deliver" in all caps. I think the Hallelujah Chorus started playing. I caved and ordered sushi. It was wonderfully delicious. But I was also craving fondant. Yum. Most people don't like fondant; they pick off their slice of wedding cake and only eat the cake part. Regular fondant will do in a pinch, but homemade marshmallow fondant is the stuff dreams are made of. I am currently scheming on how to obtain some so if you have any ideas let me know. I have a great recipe, but as far as all the kitchen supplies I am sadly lacking a couple necessary items. But here is a good recipe : )

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." -Robert Brault




No comments:

Post a Comment