Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Service Scavenger Hunt

So, amidst all the moving to my new little home ( more about that later!), things have been a little hectic. But as my last week rolled around in my beloved ward, I was in charge of FHE ( family home evening). We had originally planned a service project with a wonderful organization, but as things changed for them it no longer worked for that day. Last minute back up was a service scavenger hunt! It's a super simple idea that is fun and can be as long or short as needed.

Here's the template I used, provided by thirtyhandmadedays.com (which is amazing and you should check it out!). But other versions are easy to find on Pinterest. Easy for FHE, mutual activities, and youth conference or girls camp service projects.

We started off singing Hymn #223 "Have I Done Any Good?" and then we talked about examples of service in the scriptures. King Benjamin (Mosiah 2), Ammon (Alma 17-18), the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10), etc

I just wanted to share this cute idea and I'm thinking about starting an FHE series. I've been working on FHE lessons plans lately- putting together lessons and activities for varying age groups. I know there are tons of blogs and pinterest boards with similar themes, but I still want to do it for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment