Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Love = Courage

 
 
It is relatively easy to be courageous for a moment. Most people can be brave for an hour or a day. In moments fueled by pure adrenaline, ordinary people can accomplish incredible feats. It is the daily courage required to face sustained pressure and trial that is rare. It is the constant courage it requires to love someone so completely with a vulnerable heart that is truly awe-inspiring. At first glance, I may not appear to be a courageous person. I don't take daring risks or have a career where I do dangerous things, but we all have courage in our way. You make me brave, love. Loving you allows me a courage that is beyond myself. Perhaps love is just another synonym for courage. The courage to let someone in, to trust them with your whole soul, to depend on them when things get tough, and to give your heart away. Yes, love is courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment