Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Resolutions


I've learned a lot this past year but I can do better. So here are my 2011 New Year's Resolutions, in no particular order:
  • No more apologies for my choices and my life!!! I'm done trying to justify my hair color or explain why I have the goals I do. I will not apologize for who I am- not to family, friends, or strangers.
  • I need to let down my guard more often and allow people to really get to know me. I tend to put up walls to stop myself from getting hurt, but more often than not I hurt myself by doing that. I'm grown-up and strong enough to handle the occasional bruises and cannot afford to continue to miss out on opportunities and relationships.
  • Count my blessings daily.
  • Call my family more often...all of them.
  • Say what I mean instead of sugarcoating or holding back.
  • Increase my fluency in both Spanish and Arabic.
  • Do a good deed everyday.
  • Deepen my personal scripture study and prayer.
  • Let loose more often and not feel guilty for it. I need to allow myself to have adventures and create a few of my own.
  • Be healthier. It's not about losing weight or not having chocolate- It's about finding a better balance for myself.
  • Replace my intense study of chick flicks with more dating!
  • And...spread the non-profit to more states and areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment