Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blog Nominations

Throughout the course of this semester, I've been following the blogs of my Digital Civilization classmates. And I think I've gotten closer to these classmates than any other class before- because we've opened up in our blogs beyond our assignments and gone through this whole experience together. So I just wanted to highlight some of my favorite posts/ blogs. And hopefully you, my dear reader, will explore them for yourselves.


Historical Context: My first pick is Dalton's blog, From Woodchips. Dalton does a great job diving into history and finding the unique and interesting thins. For instance, check out this post on McCarthyism. And this one on Darwin. Yeah, it's a lot of fun.






Computing Context: My pick for this one is also one of my favorite blogs, Maggie's!!! Maggie is an older student here on campus- an Army wife, married for 28 years to her best friend and the mother of 3 grown children. She is truly an inspiration. I've loved watching her excitement in discovering new tools and then sharing them with others. Check out this post to see what I mean!






Self-directed learning: My classmate, Ariel, has been a great example on examining her modes of learning as well as correcting her mistakes. It's shown throughout her entire blog, but especially in her reflective posts 1 and 2. Way to go Ariel!

No comments:

Post a Comment