Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Transfers and Other Tidbits 8/27/12

Hello everyone!
This week has been a bit crazy with transfers. Though one is normally with their trainer for two transfers (6weeks), Hermana Dement was transferred to another area and I "took over" the area with my new companion Hermana Latu. I'm going to miss Hna. Dement, but I'm so grateful I had the chance to serve with her. Hna. Latu is so much fun! She's from California, but her parents are both from Tonga. She grew up only speaking Tongan so Spanish is her third language, not to mention that Tongan doesn't translate to Spanish very well. So when she was learning she had to translate in her head from Tongan to English to Spanish! She has been out on the mission about a year and we're having so much fun together. I'm a bit nervous about being the one who knows the branch and the area because I worry that I don't know it well enough yet. But I know this is what Heavenly Father wants. As President Uchtdorf said " There are times when we have to step into the darkness in faith, confident that God will place solid ground beneath our feet once we do so."  I'm already learning so much from Hna Latu and I'm excited for this next transfer. We have been very busy otherwise this week, teaching lessons and working a lot with less-actives. I love the story in Alma 8-9 about Alma coming into the area and needed the help of Amulek. It's similar to the missionaries coming in and needing the help of the members- we can't do it alone. In Brother Ochoa's talk from this past conference during priesthood session, I found some things that really inspired me this week. " We are at war. And in this war, the best way to defend against evil is to actively promote righteousness...You cannot be passive!...Remember who you are -- a solider in the army of God Himself. .. I call on everyone to raise the title of liberty and organize and lead your battalions." This is an active, progressing work and I feel blessed to be a part of it. Sorry this is short, but my mind is going a hundred miles an hour trying to get everything done. Love you all tons.

Love,
Hermana Kristi Koerner D&C 64:33

No comments:

Post a Comment