Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

More Power of Words

Just as the Gutenberg Bible gave power to the early readers of it's smudged pages, today technology is allowing other people to share powerful words. People who aren't just political figures, religious authorities, celebrities, and educated white men or land owners, are being heard today. This Verizon commercial caught my attention not just because I'm a woman, but because I want to be heard whether I'm married or single, 19 or 43, white, asian, latino, or black. Not only do I want to have my voice be heard--I want it to matter.

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome post!
    Very true!
    My 16 year old sister is a pianist and is very talented! She performs with the Utah Symphony and is the sweetest little girl. Her professor, Dr. Fox, really wants to make her famous so she can attend a big piano school. So what is the first move? YOUTUBE!
    Just like you said, when we know how to use this new language of technology, we can do incredible things! We can be heard!

    ReplyDelete